Thursday, April 17, 2008

Let's Make Robots!

Lets Make Robots is a site I've been visiting a lot lately. As a kid I tried to make a robot of my own but never got around to finishing it (surprise surprise :) . This site is a great intro to basic robotics and programming micro processors.

I hope to buy a starter kit one day and make one of my own. This interests me because it's a great chance for me to take what I've learned about rigging and programming in 3D into the real world!

Here's a clip of one of my favorite Robots on this site.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is fantastic Dan! Where you involved in this funky machine?
Good blog too!
Thanks for keeping us updated. Paulo Alberton

Dan Thompson said...

Hey Paulo, Unfortunately I can't claim any credit for this cute little robot.

But would love to have a go at making one when I have the time. They don't seem that hard to make.

It's their purpose that I find sets one apart from the other. I just love the Idea behind this one!

If you click on the lets make robots link you'll find all sorts of interesting contraptions :)

circuit board said...

Superb! I like this post and currently i am trying to make custom robots which can do any work and you can easily edit it programming also.